Well, there goes another month. Done and dusted.
Has life upped it’s pace to supo basuko or something? I’m suspicious.
I can feel the descent into the festive season. Can you too? The shops are decked out, shopping is being considered and the diary is starting to fill up ALREADY. The pressure cooker has switch up a notch.
Times are busy. I’ve been MIA from the blog for no real reason other than, life. Ya know, that good old thing that happens sometimes. Every day even.
I’ve taken the step back into paid employment. I know, it’s so against my life motto right now but ya know the money monster get’s even the best of us stay at home types.
We’ve been feeling the pinch with Mr Vick fully committed to be a university geek. I also decided Baby Vick has taken that inevitable step closer to independent boyhood rather than needy baby and that I could actually manage this working thing. That we all could as a family unit. I’m just dabbling currently. Teaching casually which suits me and allows me to work on days Mr Vick is home who is now juggling being a studying student, stay at home daddy, and housewifey like a champion BOSS.
We’re both stupidly tired but winning, particularly as a couple. Sharing the burdens, communicating, hugging during the lows, encouraging self care – all the good stuff that I was told marriage should be. I’m proud of us.
So for now the balance is all up in the air and I don’t know where my writing is going to fit in. It will, it bloody well jolly will, but I just have to figure it all out and get over this working-mummy-eye-balls-burning-exhaustion. Then the words and time will come again and who knows maybe that will be next week?
So since I’ve been crapola up dishing up reading material, I will present you with a few posts that I was touched by, or found enlightening, or funny or just shit hot. These are my picks for the month of October, you should click on by.
- Vicki at Syling on V dishes up the pep talk we all need sometimes with 20 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough. Um, how much wisdom does this lady have?? (must be a Vicki thing)
- I’ve really been enjoying the sweetness of Kristen from Whilst At Home. She writes beautifully every time and managed to wiggle into my heart with Feeling Invisible because um, me.
- Malinda over at Brown Paper Packages talks about how to deal with Overcoming the Overwhelmed. This is great for those who do too much, so like, that’s all of you.
- This one is fun. Bron at Maxabella Loves is the queen of the kiddy birthday partay. She knocks up a Pinterest dream and her latest efforts are not to be excluded. Check out her Island Party and start a dreamin’.
- This month I met Lauren from The Thud who made my almost wet my panties with such refreshing hilarity with her post about having a third pregnancy and risking having a possible third son and all the commiserations. Sydney Mum Risks Possible Third Son is a must read.
Sorry about the dot points, it’s the renewed teacher in me. Actually this might just be the ugliest post I’ve ever created…..
Anywhoo, that’s a wrap folks. What have you enjoyed reading recently? Is November going to be good to you?